Author Topic: MW visit 10th-15th July 2012  (Read 158 times)

AmyB

• Administrator
  • Stump-tailed Macaque
MW visit 10th-15th July 2012
« on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:28 pm »
A few notes from my 6 days of visiting!

Gordon is massive. Keeper said that he is as big, if not bigger, than Tuan now. He's really shot up since I last saw him at Christmas. Jin is getting increasingly independent and moving further and further away from Hsiao-Quai. I noticed that he spent a lot of time with Hsiao-Lan during my visit. Baby Awan is beautiful. Finally got to see A-mei on Friday. She's looking good. She came to the window to see me, then looked behind me for Joan. She inspected the contents of my bag but none of my stuff was up to the standards of Joans!
Oshine has lost more weight and is looking amazing. She's even more active, and is climbing a lot faster than before. Kai looks great in the nursery and seems to be having an absolute ball. At a keeper talk I was told he is very close to Joly. All the girls are growing up fast and are quite big now. Silvestre is still an absolute munchkin!

Seamus really made my week. 3 times he saw me and came over to say hello (twice outside and once inside). He's looking brilliant. All of the boys look good. I noticed at tea time on Tuesday, Pacco had a go at Butch and everyone that was in backed Pacco rather than Butch. Ben has doubled in size since Christmas. He's getting extremely confident and kept displaying at the walls, ceiling and windows! 

Gismo is looking brilliant. He's put on weight and his hair looks great. He came over for a few chats. According to the keeper talk he has a friend called Dot. I saw him grooming Terri for a few minutes one of the days. It was lovely to see him interacting with another cappy. After a couple of minutes he seemed to panic and shot up the fence shouting.

Spent quite a bit of time with Pung-Yo and family. Teo is venturing slightly further away from Peanut. Tien is massive, I thought he was Pung-Yo when I first went down to see them! Tia is big too. Tia and Tien spent ages playing together and were really flying through the trees.

Everyone in Sally's group is looking brilliant. Bryan is HUGE. One of the afternoons I was there I saw Sally submitting to Bryan! Ash is looking really grown up and sophisticated. Rodders has still got lots of his baby features and is as adorably cute as ever.

When I think of things I have forgoten I shall add them!!! Pictures to go on FB very soon

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Troglodytes

• Woolly Monkey
Re: MW visit 10th-15th July 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:27 am »
Sally must have had second thoughts :) Yesterday Bryan worked himself up to display and Sally chased him off down the enlcosure before he could quite get going, she was fair thundering along, she sees to have put on a couple of pounds! They do seem close though, on Monday he climbed on top of the hammock she was curled up in!

Lulu looked really fed up with Rodders today and was trying to catch him and he kept running away but it was obviously just tag because as soon as she caught him she let him go.

AmyB

• Administrator
  • Stump-tailed Macaque
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »
Bless Lulu, she's a feisty lady, as is Sally. Bryan is growing up to be a massive and handome lad. Still can't believe how much he's grown since I was last there

Joan

• Stump-tailed Macaque
  • Adoptive mum to the capuchins, macaques and Clin
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:31:22 pm »
Great everybody is doing so well, I miss them all terribly!