Author Topic: Visit 2-4 June  (Read 135 times)

Troglodytes

• Woolly Monkey
Visit 2-4 June
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:24:34 pm »
Had a really lovely weekend.
Hananya's were fairly well behaved apart from some of the girls making a big fuss on Sunday tea time. Arfur seemed to have really upset some of the girls, he went near Tutti and she went ballistic, laid flat on the ground screaming as though he'd attempted murder.
Semach was amusing himself. He built a nest between the 2 mounds below the viewing balcony. Then he'd walk up the mound with his nose to the ground like a bloodhound, then reverse halfway back down then suddenly launch himself backwards into the nest. Then he repeated it with the other mound.
Simon was hanging round Cherri a lot of the time, she wasn't totally against that - she was pulling him back by the foot at one point.
In the nursery Bryan and Sally were in the corner grooming very intently. Rodders is as daft as ever and has a bum fixation (his and others). They did go out in their new expanded territory. It was at the nursery where Rodders & Ash were fighting that I overheard someone say "Of course they are much more intelligent than us."
We saw Piquita's baby and, with difficulty due to condensation, Yarima's baby.
Sam and Sasak were mainly round on the grass or hanging from a low branch, they appear very bonded although Sam occasionally looked as though he wanted 'some space' Finally on Monday they treated us to a song and it was lovely to see them in the trees together.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Troglodytes

• Woolly Monkey
Re: Visit 2-4 June
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:37:16 pm »
Tuan and his girls were out and about, he seems much more viewable in the new half-an-enclosure since the wall went up. RoRo was looking very round of body but I was assured no one is pregnant. Amy came and pretended she was just passing and not noseying at what we might be up to.

Round at Gordon's we were stunned by big grown-up bigger-than-Tuan Gordon, he looks fantastic. It was sweet to see Hsiao-quai with the baby and very touching to see Hsiao-lan trying to touch it with her lips. We'd never noticed how cute Jin is before, he was performing right in front of the viewing window and has definitely got some of his dad's good looks. A-mei is inside at the moment.

It was lovely to see the patas monkeys grooming or at least Mica grooms and Sissy-Jo lets her! Still it's great progress from when they arrived.

The stumpies were out and about very busy and Sam was looking handsome!

We established that Sean has a girlfriend who seems to follow him around.

Pung-yo was his usual charming self and Peanut & the kids are gorgeous.

I didn't see much of the bachelors but we were laughing at one of them (poss Mojo) who was trying, very, very, very carefully and using lots of nerve to get grass from within the electric fence, Amy (wellard) just picks it!

Eddi surprised me at how nearly grown-up she looks now. Bart is not getting away with stuff like he used to. Wonder if they'll let someone have a baby as time has passed and they said they let it happen every 4 or 5 yrs for the good of the group.

Have been very busy since I got back so not sorted photos.

Joan

• Stump-tailed Macaque
  • Adoptive mum to the capuchins, macaques and Clin
Re: Visit 2-4 June
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »
Delighted you had such a good visit, great that everybody is doing well, but sad for Hsaio-Lan, pity she couldn't rear baby herself although Hsaio-Quai will be a good mother.

Cherri dragging Simon by the foot, what a flirt! 

Sasak will be thrilled with her new enclosure, much bigger than what she had at Dublin Zoo.