Author Topic: East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH)  (Read 100 times)

AmyB

• Administrator
  • Stump-tailed Macaque
East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH)
« on: March 22, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »
The Duchess of Cambridge came to Ippy on Monday to formally open the new children's hospice. Some of the children I have worked with were invited to the event to meet her.

There's a series on Ch4 called Born to be Different (it's a special needs version of Robert Winston's "Child of our Time") and one of the kids, William was also there. Had I known he was going to be there I probably would have gone down to meet him rather than the Duchess!!!

As lots of the children at the school I am doing supply at use the hospice I'm hoping to do some fund raising for them by selling the cards and jewellery I make and giving them the money.

http://www.each.org.uk/OneStopCMS/Core/TemplateHandler.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7bCE039EB2-7C0D-4AA7-B3A8-9E85B052EF16%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2f&NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MWmadgill

• Stump-tailed Macaque
  • Pacito's adopted mum.
Re: East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:21:15 am »
Didn't realise you dabbled with jewellery making Amy, is it an expensive hobby ?

AmyB

• Administrator
  • Stump-tailed Macaque
Re: East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:52 am »
It can be expensive but I tend to get stuff online in bulk or when it is on offer so it makes it less expensive. I've sold a few pieces now :-)

Me and a friend are going to do craft events; I'm doing jewellery and cards and she's making kids clothes! Should be lots of fun when we've got enough of a collection to take