Author Topic: Louis Theroux - America's Most Dangerous Animal's  (Read 129 times)

LesleyM

• Capuchin
Louis Theroux - America's Most Dangerous Animal's
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:55:22 pm »
Seen this programme advertised on BBC2 on Sunday at 9pm, on the BBC news website there's currently a debate going on about it where they mention that a couple in Oklahoma have 2 pet chimps and there's more tigers in America than India!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Troglodytes

• Woolly Monkey
Re: Louis Theroux - America's Most Dangerous Animal's
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:23:29 am »
It's going to be sickening and infuriating a the same time. I saw a poor tiger rescued from one of those people, it lived in a cage not much bigger than a nice cattery uses!

MWmadgill

• Stump-tailed Macaque
  • Pacito's adopted mum.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »
I shall have to record it as I think I may not be able to get to sleep thinking about it tonight.     >:(

Joan

• Stump-tailed Macaque
  • Adoptive mum to the capuchins, macaques and Clin
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:11:34 pm »
It was very sad, difficult viewing.  Louis Theroux is very polite and mild but excellent at exposing people's conceit, hypocrisy and greed without them realising it. 

AmyB

• Administrator
  • Stump-tailed Macaque
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
I found it extremely hard to watch and got very very angry with the "owners" of the 2 "sanctuaries". Breeding any old random animals isn't going to help wild populations, they were doing it purely for their own egos. The baboon was a stunning animal, but in a cage not even big enough for a small dog.

The other owners annoyed me too- having a capuchin wearing clothes and with pierced ears.

Joan, I agree, Louis was very good at being polite yet showing the people for what they really are.

MWmadgill

• Stump-tailed Macaque
  • Pacito's adopted mum.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »
OMG $40,000 for a baby chimp.   Look how they were being kept.  The individuals want locking up.     That young Joey in a pram  >:( - all idiots on the make.