Author Topic: Chester Zoo  (Read 861 times)

Troglodytes

• Woolly Monkey
Re: Chester Zoo
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 02:52:06 pm »
We had a nice visit to Chester. Boris was great, he seems to realise he has a duty to the public to show up for the chimp talk and gaze round with a benign expression.

We reported one of the Sumatran orangs who was trying to smash a newly replaced window with a rock. At one point we could see 6 out of the 7 of them and the gibbon out in the waterfall enclosure, Utara now has more amazing hair than ever!

Martha was out with all the other Borneans (except Tuan). It's lovely to see her, she's the oldest orang in the UK (I think). Her two daughters had a bit of a stand-off, well a sit-off, Leia was using Latifah as an 'orang-shield' but Iznee the little male was totally oblivious to the tension and just bounced around. Leia ws giving the two young ones lessons in dismantling things. Iznee tried to pinch my glasses when I did keeper for the day and he still seems fascinated, I was waggling them in an Eric Morecambe kind of way and he was fascinated!

The young elephants obliged and took a swim in the pool. Jamilah still seems to like pushing other people in!

Finally I got to see Pele the black jaguar outside for the first time, he looked beautiful in the sun.

As we were leaving we had a 'missing tiger cub' scare, only one cub was out and about and Kirana was making some noises that could have been interpreted (by non-experts) as distress. Missing cub was discovered inside chomping away on a big bone, phew!